Premier Haxball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the goal size is 2 small

+11
Yawn
abacus
Mád
Beninho
Skillem
Sugar Ray
Silent
The Doctor
abi
mlfaijati
B4D 4SS
15 posters
Go down
abacus
Hyperactive

the goal size is 2 small - Page 2 Empty Re: the goal size is 2 small

Mon Apr 11 2016, 00:38
this is fukin bullshit. no need 2 put de effort in 2 argue.

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Anonymous

Mon Apr 11 2016, 10:01
Yo 6÷6 = 1 fkin hell I'm still gassing i srsly did not know
B4D 4SS
B4D 4SS
Superman

Mon Apr 11 2016, 10:15
xOscar wrote:why didnt SH's accurate passing score vs C3 then? - Can't win every game. C3 had a good day, SS a bad one.

"aero just sed it the meta atm is to bus." - Aye, i agree. Never said it wasn't. And i think increasing the goal size will make people just bus harder. All out attack works in pubs, maybe you should stick to those kid.

"also, it WOULD make the skill ceiling higher, cus the only factor wont just be defence, but also attack." - You're missing the point B4d. Both are already "factors". C3 didn't defend at all last season, walked the league. Just learn how to attack, instead of pointless possession. Ie. Raise your skill level. Atm you're saying "I'm so far away from the skill ceiling can we lower it please".

"i clearly said, make it big as possible to the point of being impossible to score ONLY vs extremely high defence co-ordination and game sense." - Nonsense man. You're acting like it's physically impossible to beat a good bus. 36 goals in 10 games.. Very, very few clean sheets! You're whole argument is based on "i think we deserve more goals for how we play, make the goals bigger for us, oh and somehow that makes this ridiculous obsession i have with a skill ceiling higher". Ridiculous.

"what would this do? the better ur attack, the more mistakes u would capitalise on = higher skill ceiling" - Absolute nonsense man! This is already true at the current goal size. The better your attack the more chances you capitalise on. Obviously. However making the goal size bigger just means those who aren't as good at attacking are more likely to score. And those who are actually good at attacking would of scored anyway! Bigger goals just rewards those who less ruthless upfront. Thus lowering the skill ceiling.

"the better ur defence, the less opportunities for opponent = higher skill ceiling" - Again, already true at the current goal size, and again increasing the goal size just means that people will learn to defend better, and those who can defend better are rewarded far more then those who can attack (see above). So yes this will increase the skill ceiling for defending but that's not what you want! You wanted to increase the attack! Not make people learn how to bus better!

Yes there are some counter arguments, but IMO they aren't anywhere near as strong as you're making them out to be. And it certainly isn't as straightforward as "bigger goals = better skill required", if anything it's the opposite.

Point being, -1 + 1 does not = 2.

xx

its so simple but u have 2 overcomplicate it all. right now a team needs insane attack and co-ordination just to score vs a decent bus. and vs a pro bus its impossible. all im saying is make defending harder so that the attackers have a chance to score if the defence makes a mistake, all this means is its harder 2 defend, and high attacking skill is rewarded more, its that simple. im not saying make it so its easier to attack, im saying make it balanced so that if there is a mistake in defence, IF ur attacking skill is high enough, u can capitalise on it. the higher ur attacking skill=the smaller of a mistake the opponent needs 2 make before u score. so no im not asking for it to be made easier so average attackers like me can score, im saying make it so that players with higher skill are rewarded more i.e. higher skill ceiling, + make defence harder also higher skill ceiling.

about counter attacks, since the GK wont need 2 overcommit like a DM to have a chance of scoring, it wont be such a problem.
B4D 4SS
B4D 4SS
Superman

Mon Apr 11 2016, 10:41
another example of the problem:

http://haxrec.com/89185

me abacus and browning a not even remotely organised bus with tons of errors, keep cleansheet vs mlf and giggs. yeh perhaps if we were playing mad aero and jai we wud concede or vs c3, but this is the problem. it takes that much skill to break down a terrible bus, and a decent bus even that skill cant score without ridiculous GK risks (see sh vs c3). all im saying is make the goal slightly bigger (smaller than big ez) so its BALANCED.

anyway no point discussing it anymore till its tried out so im not gunna post anymore bout it
Anonymous

Mon Apr 11 2016, 12:54
if you need bigger goals on 3v3 in this dirt poor league then you need to give your head a wobble.
Yawn
Dynamite

Mon Apr 11 2016, 17:37
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Sure, the dm cant overcommit in 3v3 because then he will conced a open net, but the defending team has no striker to lock the ball upfield like in 3def. Therefor, if you plan to bus you will be in def for the full game, and eventually the ball will find its way in.

Keep in mind also that the goals you score vs buses isnt really cool youtube plays, instead its 2-3 fast passings and then you tap in the rebound or something when its chaotic in def, or atleast thats how i experienced it so far in hax vs busses.
Anonymous

Mon Apr 11 2016, 18:20
Yawn wrote:Sure, the dm cant overcommit in 3v3 because then he will conced a open net, but the defending team has no striker to lock the ball upfield like in 3def. Therefor, if you plan to bus you will be in def for the full game, and eventually the ball will find its way in.

Keep in mind also that the goals you score vs buses isnt really cool youtube plays, instead its 2-3 fast passings and then you tap in the rebound or something when its chaotic in def, or atleast thats how i experienced it so far in hax vs busses.

yawn understands da philosophy

goal of the week>>>>winning
Lloyd Banks
Lloyd Banks
Dynamite

Mon Apr 11 2016, 19:05
learn 2 finish
Jai.
Energetic

Mon Apr 11 2016, 19:34