Premier Haxball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Anonymous

Interview #2 Corn Empty Interview #2 Corn

Sun Jan 31 2016, 23:20
Hello and welcome to our second interview of the season hosted by the voice of the voiceless, CM Punk and the voice of professional Haxball players in Nicaragua, Yawn. Note: Yawn is still boycotting the league so I did this on my own, I expect double pay!

Hi Corn, So what is your background in Haxball? How did you find the game and when did you start playing competitively?

Hello. I found the game when someone linked it on an old football forum I used to go on back in January 2011. I played on and off under different nicknames and donny and qezo asked me to join FM just before its season 2 started. I didn't play in season 2 but captained my first team, HK Flamingo in FM's season 3.

How did you come up with your nickname "Corn"? And, have you had any other nicknames in the past?

Used too many names in the past and can't remember all the ones I've used. All the names I've used have been spur on the moment things and so was my current name. I don't really like the name 'corn' but there's no point changing it.

Alot of people know you by 'Hesur', whats the reason behind this?

Because I used to troll with the name and it just stuck. Wish it didn't tbh because I don't really want to be remembered as a troll but I don't mind people calling me it.

How would you describe your journey as a player over the years? What were some memorable teams that you have been a part of?

Well my main regret was not playing in FM rooms and in leagues when I first joined FM. I wasn't very good then (still not now), but I feel that I could have been a lot better if I had played in 'pro' rooms when I was playing this game everyday instead of just shying away. As for teams, well I have memories from playing in all my teams but I'd say I enjoyed playing with my first team HKF the most. With Flamingoes we promoted due to GI Joehans disbanding (after p4 scored 2 goals in the last 10 seconds of the game to win 3-2 and see them promoted over us initially), then in the following season we survived relegation on the last day of the season, despite being 2nd from bottom at the time and then losing to bottom team NWA (who had yet to win) during the second leg of that season. huub, Knucklezz, ogre and Amunike in particular were really nice guys to play with.

Your team, Pelicans have gone off to a horrendous start with no points in the first 4 games, what’s gone wrong so far in your campaign and what are you going to change to get better results?

I think the main problem is lack of fs prior to the games. Usually someone is busy or turns up just before the game, so we have no warm-up beforehand. Also I've made too many mistakes in goal this season and have conceded 28 goals as a result. I think in order to attain better results we need to go back to the basics, play more pragmatic and take fewer risks.

You seem to lack experience in your squad absent yourself and Twigg, realistically what are the teams’ goal moving forward?

Well the team’s goal as always is to try and win every game and have fun whilst doing so. I think it's important to introduce new players and give them a chance in order to improve them. I also find this way the most fun; rather than play with established or 'pro' players, play as the underdog and try and beat the teams who are deemed to be stronger than us. That way, when you do win, it's a better feeling.

Which team do you think will win the title, and which players/teams will surprise us this season in the league?

I think C3 should win the league and it wouldn't surprise me if they finished the season unbeaten. In terms of other teams I think the quality is quite similar from 2nd-8th so I wouldn't like to call who I think will be the leagues surprise package.Having looked at the ratings, I think that Sugar Ray is an extremely underrated player and with the quality that Hot Shots have this season, I expect to see him get quite a few goals and assists. I'm also glad that Serega found another team; imo he's in the top 3 best goalkeepers in the league as he's solid defensively, offensively and has great distribution.

C3 having won season 2, have got a better team the cause being the top spot for waivers, what chages can we expect in season 4 to stop this and make it a competitive league?

Well changes will be made, that's for certain. What the changes will be are still being discussed. The ideas that have been discussed are a random draft and waiver order, irrespective of where the teams finished in the league. Another idea that's been suggested is the waivers being reset every 2 weeks, so that the team at the bottom of the league gets first dibs.

Moving onto the league itself, PremierHax has 6 admins yet you are the only one who is active, in a recent interview with DEJA captain, Zizou, he was quoted in saying, ‘I think we are in need of fresh energy, new blood which will bring further changes and new players to this league. Admin team should be re-thought, get rid of those who are inactive/don’t contribute and add new players with new ideas. There are couple of faces around who still want to fight for it’, what is your outtake in the given problems?

Well I disagree that I am the only active admin, because Sugar Ray does a lot of work for the league, Ghost contributes a lot in terms of ideas and Twigg did a lot in terms of general administration until recently, and Donny sorted out the forum layout, but new admins are something that is being discussed because it's been agreed upon that more help and fresh ideas are needed in order to make sure that the league operates smoothly.

Don’t you think that as an admin you should be more active in helping to grow the league as you are now, especially with the lack of help from fellow admins?

Well I think that player recruitment and growing the league should be a group effort and not just something the admins do. I do agree that more could have been done from the admins side to promote the league but I disagree that it should be solely the admins job to promote the league and bring new players into it; a lot of player recruitment in FM came from Donny who was never an admin of that league. I think the main problem is that we don't have many good hosts, so creating playing rooms to advertise the community is difficult and because of that, we can't form that link that we need to form between league and pubs so that new players want to play here.

What other tournaments/fun cups can we expect this season; will the regional cup be back?

There will be a cup competition that will run alongside the league that will be played using the Medium pitch (for more variation). As for the regional cup, well we can't say yes or no because the last cup almost didn't work due to lack of eligible players.

Thanks for the interview 'Hesur'! Any special last words you want to add for the community or someone in particular?
Thanks for playing!
socrates
socrates
Smooth Operator

Interview #2 Corn Empty Re: Interview #2 Corn

Mon Feb 01 2016, 09:14
I agree that not enough rooms is a problem. I can host them occasionally but not often enough Sad
Ghost
Ghost
Administrator
Administrator

Mon Feb 01 2016, 12:35
It all boils down to time at the end of the day. We are mostly all adults now, with jobs, families and other priorities(lol). It was easier years ago when there was interest, but it's a lot more difficult to gather fresh faces these days and get them interested in committing time to a league. Especially when there are several trolls about who seem to do nothing but discourage it.

I really wish I did have the time to put myself fully into this community and help it grow, but it's just simply not possible any more. It needs to be a community effort, with a lot of the younger guys who perhaps have the time helping as much as they can.

Nice interview guys. Loving these. MOAR!!!
socrates
socrates
Smooth Operator

Mon Feb 01 2016, 13:19
Ghost: back in my day....

Considering Soccerettes are quite an old team I think admins should discuss playing games on a 0.5 speed map. Kick ageism out of haxball.
Ghost
Ghost
Administrator
Administrator

Mon Feb 01 2016, 14:25
Some say that Soccerettes goes back to the days of prehistoric internets, where they would play in matches of 2v2 Pong and once lost a league match to a team of random leftovers that no other team wanted to pick in the inaugural Pong draft of 1984.
Anonymous

Mon Feb 01 2016, 15:13
Ghost wrote:It all boils down to time at the end of the day. We are mostly all adults now, with jobs, families and other priorities(lol). It was easier years ago when there was interest, but it's a lot more difficult to gather fresh faces these days and get them interested in committing time to a league. Especially when there are several trolls about who seem to do nothing but discourage it.

I really wish I did have the time to put myself fully into this community and help it grow, but it's just simply not possible any more. It needs to be a community effort, with a lot of the younger guys who perhaps have the time helping as much as they can.

Nice interview guys. Loving these. MOAR!!!

@ them next time you lil punk pig pig pig
Zizou
Zizou
Energetic

Mon Feb 01 2016, 17:54
Nice interview! Who is next :-D?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum