Premier Haxball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need UK team representing at the HCL

+29
xXxogre69xXx
SebastiAn
abi
UKOriginal
lumi
Geslan
Ghost
Hannes
Kamina
Swift
VENOM i7
Lloyd Banks
Groot
Q
abacus
noj
Skillem
Holtby
Sugar Ray
MrP
Beninho
Yawn
socrates
The Doctor
corn
Rénbeaudach
Jai.
mlfaijati
B4D 4SS
33 posters
Go down
Rénbeaudach
Rénbeaudach
Administrator
Administrator

Need UK team representing at the HCL - Page 2 Empty Re: Need UK team representing at the HCL

Wed Mar 16 2016, 22:58
Team UK won two knockout games in the 2015 NC. Before that team UK have only ever one one knockout game in its existence.

Case closed.

Last edited by Rénbeaudach on Wed Mar 16 2016, 23:05; edited 1 time in total

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The Doctor
The Doctor
Smooth Operator

Need UK team representing at the HCL - Page 2 Empty Re: Need UK team representing at the HCL

Wed Mar 16 2016, 23:06
Message reputation : 0% (1 vote)
You know a team isn't doing too well when all they can boast about is how many games they didn't get knocked out..

What have you won:
Nations cup?
Haxball Champions League?
A Funcup?

I bet the answer to all the above is no.
Ren has been the captain for all of these losses.. coincidence?
Case closed my ass

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Anonymous

Wed Mar 16 2016, 23:59
Lmao doctor u think with u in the side opponents are gonna shit there pants.
The Doctor
The Doctor
Smooth Operator

Thu Mar 17 2016, 00:15
Gjonaj wrote:Lmao doctor u think with u in the side opponents are gonna shit there pants.
I don't remember saying that at all.
Maybe you should spend less time trying to figure out what everyone thinks and get into a decent team in a competitive league.
socrates
socrates
Smooth Operator

Thu Mar 17 2016, 08:49
At the end of the day if people want a team of UK players in the CL then go and create one. Just complaining about it won't get you anywhere.

As for team UK it doesn't really matter if it is ren or someone else tbh. The best lineup of jai - mad - vakoj - aero clearly picks itself.
MrP
MrP
Energetic

Thu Mar 17 2016, 09:35
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
socrates wrote:At the end of the day if people want a team of UK players in the CL then go and create one. Just complaining about it won't get you anywhere.

As for team UK it doesn't really matter if it is ren or someone else tbh. The best lineup of jai - mad - vakoj - aero clearly picks itself.

dont forget mlf, imo a excellent player and important part of the UK team too!

But also without these veterans i really see some very nice and decent uk players that could easy play in HCL with or without a UK team.
Rénbeaudach
Rénbeaudach
Administrator
Administrator

Thu Mar 17 2016, 09:43
socrates wrote:

Nah mate I only pick them because they're my friends, did you not read what doc said?
socrates
socrates
Smooth Operator

Thu Mar 17 2016, 09:56
MrP wrote:dont forget mlf, imo a excellent player and important part of  the UK team too!

Yes mlf and ogre too. Players that have proven they can win against the best players in 4v4 and on big easy.

There are easily players here good enough to play CL which wasn't as strong this season. Personally I'm not sure there's enough interest for a UK 4v4 league though. It looks like we can't even get 8 teams of UK players here for a 3v3 league.
Anonymous

Thu Mar 17 2016, 10:01
Duh obviously best team is Doctor -b4d4ss - Sugar Ray - Tiberius

You need to be more open minded, after all Winter is Coming.
Jai.
Energetic

Thu Mar 17 2016, 11:25
Message reputation : 67% (3 votes)
if you put uks best players in a team and we actually practiced, couldnt see any reason why we couldnt win hcl definitely no worse off than the team that won it this season at our best, unfortunately doc you would be no where near, you're definitely skilful, but i haven't see anything when i've seen you play recently to suggest you're any smarter bounce
The Doctor
The Doctor
Smooth Operator

Thu Mar 17 2016, 13:08
Fun fact: a team composed of Me, Sugar Ray and Holtby got to play Jai, Mlf and Mad in a 3v3 friendly a while back and we drew.
Point is, we didn't get battered 6-0 or something crazy like that. To top it off Sugar Ray was lagging.

You are all avoiding the point and attacking me personally.

What is the point?

The point is, the reason I'm not as good as those in TeamUK, with the exception of ren, is because all I know has come from playing in pub rooms and 1v1. Had I been given more chances to play with players with more experience than I, I would've become more refined as a player and would've possibly attained this "smartness" you lot speak of.

It's not just me. Players like Sugar Ray, Abacus, Speaks, Beninho, TITAN, B4D, Sparegoal and many many mannnnnnnnnny more would've been at a much higher level IFFFF they were given the chances to play with TeamUK, but who stands in their way?
Let me tell you.
A self-centered, deluded and utterly biased individual by the name of Renebeurghh who has hand-picked only the apples which ripened early and hasn't come back to check the fields, creating a closed circle that is only observable to those who are "inferior", according to this lunatics criterion.

To top it off, he doesn't believe he is at fault at all for the decline of UK talent.
>let's keep this team that can play well
>doesn't look for anyone new
>doesn't sign anyone he doesn't like
>shocked when no one good hasn't appeared in years

Everyone has the ability to improve given the right environment.
TakeVakoj as an example.
Back when he was a pub player he was called Soap I believe, or this next explanations gonna be awkward..

He was a decent pub player, nothing outstanding right?
Then he realised he wouldn't get any better playing with us lot so he started hanging with the Dutch and within a short period of time, they made him into a beast. He shed his old name and became Vakoj, then ren comes along and nicks him into TeamUK stating "I've found new talent, and it is indeed I who has trained and brought to light his true ability". No fam stfu.

With the right environment anyone can become good. Thing is, the un-elected gatekeeper is a douche so that's why 90% of UK players will always be pub-level.

As for me being nowhere near, hhhh, give me till the end of this FM season and we will see. I've finally poked my head out of the pub-level pool but I see no one helping me get onto the platform. No matter, I'll do it myself.
noj

Thu Mar 17 2016, 13:57
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
The Doctor wrote:TakeVakoj as an example.
Back when he was a pub player he was called Soap I believe, or this next explanations gonna be awkward..

Then he realised he wouldn't get any better playing with us lot so he started hanging with the Dutch and within a short period of time, they made him into a beast. He shed his old name and became Vakoj, then ren comes along and nicks him into TeamUK stating "I've found new talent, and it is indeed I who has trained and brought to light his true ability". No fam stfu.
What is your point? Mediocre player got good enough and got into teamuk? Yeah that's kinda how it works.

You moan about how no one is given a chance, how you need to play teamuk to get good, how the team is a closed circle. Then you go give an example of a player who got good without teamuk, a player who was given a chance.

As much logic as you display in hax.

Brb a few games every 6 months with teamuk will make me into Aguero10.

How about 90% of UK players will always be pub level because that's all they play. Playing pubs, spacebounce, 6-man, doing the same predictable moves, making the same mistakes over and over.
socrates
socrates
Smooth Operator

Thu Mar 17 2016, 13:59
:noj: elephant
Jai.
Energetic

Thu Mar 17 2016, 14:11
Message reputation : 50% (2 votes)
you're such a derp doctor
Rénbeaudach
Rénbeaudach
Administrator
Administrator

Thu Mar 17 2016, 14:22
doc dissection part deux

The Doctor wrote:Fun fact: a team composed of Me, Sugar Ray and Holtby got to play Jai, Mlf and Mad in a 3v3 friendly a while back and we drew.
Point is, we didn't get battered 6-0 or something crazy like that. To top it off Sugar Ray was lagging.
DEJA beat Nerdlucks in a friendly once like 5-1, you can get all sorts of crazy results in friendlies, one game of 3v3 proves sweet FA

You are all avoiding the point and attacking me personally.

Read what soc and Jai said if you don't think it's just me who disagrees with you, it's just me attacking you personally as an added bonus

What is the point?

The point is, the reason I'm not as good as those in TeamUK, with the exception of ren, is because all I know has come from playing in pub rooms and 1v1. Had I been given more chances to play with players with more experience than I, I would've become more refined as a player and would've possibly attained this "smartness" you lot speak of.

Your decision making abilities aren't even exceptional by pub standards, chances are it's you just not recognising where you need to improve.

It's not just me. Players like Sugar Ray, Abacus, Speaks, Beninho, TITAN, B4D, Sparegoal...

let's put the brakes on here and go one by one shall we?
Sugar Ray I think will one day end up being good enough if he displays a resonable amount of open-mindedness and stays eager to play himself in friendlies and shit, just I don't think he's on the level require  for team UK yet.
Abacus has definitely improved a fair bit since his introduction to the league, but he seems to be less active nowadays so it's hard to judge if he wants to continue on that path or not.
Speaks is not that far from being very good, reminds me of myself when I had played the same amount that he did; I'm certainly not dismissing him for even the next squad.
Beninho I like quite a bit, he's certainly benefitted from playing with mlf, fantastic attitude and long may is improvement continue, certainly I don't see anything stopping him from getting better anyway.
TITAN - where has he been?
B4D actually sort of has the right ideas on how to play but don't see him being at the right level yet to be in consideration.
Sparegoal has been playing longer than all of us, not bad but not new and certainly has had no lack of opportunities to play with other good players, when he was more active I did even trial him when I was U21 cap but favoured rising and Lethal (rightly or wrongly)

and many many mannnnnnnnnny more would've been at a much higher level IFFFF they were given the chances to play with TeamUK, but who stands in their way?
Let me tell you.
A self-centered, deluded and utterly biased individual by the name of Renebeurghh who has hand-picked only the apples which ripened early and hasn't come back to check the fields, creating a closed circle that is only observable to those who are "inferior", according to this lunatics criterion.
'no'
Otherwise why did I pick Bliz, Swift, Vakoj and Splash in either of my squads? Just utter nonsense really.

To top it off, he doesn't believe he is at fault at all for the decline of UK talent.
>let's keep this team that can play well
Why shouldn't I pick the team that plays well? Team UK isn't a charity, it's meant to be a competitive team which currently has at least two players which are of exceptional quality by European standards, why should I let any old tom dick or harry (heh) just waltz in and take their place which they have merited (despite your whining, let's be realistic, reaching the semi-finals of an international compeition by historical standards marks a dramatic upturn in fortune for the UK national team, even when past iterations contained excellent players like jonnyynnoj, Joehan, stjarna and fap and Witsel who have since retired.

>doesn't look for anyone new
>doesn't sign anyone he doesn't like
>shocked when no one good hasn't appeared in years

yeah this is unadulterated horse manure

Everyone has the ability to improve given the right environment.
TakeVakoj as an example.

Then he realised he wouldn't get any better playing with us lot so he started hanging with the Dutch and within a short period of time, they made him into a beast. He shed his old name and became Vakoj,

I had noticed marked improvement from him significantly before he joined Hulk's FM team, and he had agreed to join mine for the season after after showing he could reproduce such form competitively, alas RnR disbanded before that could happen for one reason and another, but in true Devinurdog fashion I'll save that story for another time

then ren comes along and nicks him into TeamUK stating "I've found new talent, and it is indeed I who has trained and brought to light his true ability". No fam stfu.

When have I ever said this? I may have been wise to notice his improvement but that was always down to him mostly and I've not claimed otherwise.

With the right environment anyone can become good. Thing is, the un-elected gatekeeper is a douche so that's why 90% of UK players will always be pub-level.

Why should team UK be a democracy?

As for me being nowhere near, hhhh, give me till the end of this FM season and we will see. I've finally poked my head out of the pub-level pool but I see no one helping me get onto the platform. No matter, I'll do it myself.

Good luck
abacus
Hyperactive

Thu Mar 17 2016, 15:00
yo doc i got ur back, i agree wid all dat doc sed
The Doctor
The Doctor
Smooth Operator

Thu Mar 17 2016, 16:32
noj wrote:What is your point? Mediocre player got good enough and got into teamuk? Yeah that's kinda how it works.

You moan about how no one is given a chance, how you need to play teamuk to get good, how the team is a closed circle. Then you go give an example of a player who got good without teamuk, a player who was given a chance.

As much logic as you display in hax.

Brb a few games every 6 months with teamuk will make me into Aguero10.

How about 90% of UK players will always be pub level because that's all they play. Playing pubs, spacebounce, 6-man, doing the same predictable moves, making the same mistakes over and over.
I don't appreciate your blatant sarcasm in an attempt to be funny.
As a player who doesn't really play at all anymore and thus lacks the current situation of things, it's safe to say your views are irrelevant, but nevertheless I shall reply to your statements.

The reason I 'moan' about certain things is because that is really all I can do at the moment. Also because I see an unfairness and, to a certain degree, the abandonment of the general public of the UK hax community.
The point you made about "few games every 6 months with teamuk" is the exact point I'm referring to.

If those who are better were to regularly play against those who lack in fs's, we would create a tighter community socially and overall, a skilled community which could play on par against any other nation.

While it's true that the majority do play pubs mostly, is it not our duty to bring them in and ask them if they would like to play in leagues to be better?
Annd before you say who, here is a list:

smb
JPFF6
C Dizzle
drift
Horse
horsey

The pub rooms are saturated with players decent enough to compete in this league already, and yet the so called 'leaders' sit idly by listing on one hand how many games they didn't get knocked out in while no one calls to them.

Rénbeaudach wrote:doc dissection part deux

DEJA beat Nerdlucks in a friendly once like 5-1, you can get all sorts of crazy results in friendlies, one game of 3v3 proves sweet FA
My point once more, why do we not have games between ourselves more often?
Instead of organising these games you find it more fruitful to host a music quiz.

Your decision making abilities aren't even exceptional by pub standards, chances are it's you just not recognising where you need to improve.
Although I don't agree, a simple improvement it would've been if I had been told early on.
My decision making has improved recently as I have been getting more involved in teams and fs's.
In my HBC French League team, it is often my decisions that win us games.
As I've said before, you take a mental image of a player and base their improvements and skill solely on how you personally feel about them.

let's put the brakes on here and go one by one shall we?
Sugar Ray I think will one day end up being good enough if he displays a resonable amount of open-mindedness and stays eager to play himself in friendlies and shit, just I don't think he's on the level require  for team UK yet.
Abacus has definitely improved a fair bit since his introduction to the league, but he seems to be less active nowadays so it's hard to judge if he wants to continue on that path or not.
Speaks is not that far from being very good, reminds me of myself when I had played the same amount that he did; I'm certainly not dismissing him for even the next squad.
Beninho I like quite a bit, he's certainly benefitted from playing with mlf, fantastic attitude and long may is improvement continue, certainly I don't see anything stopping him from getting better anyway.
TITAN - where has he been?
B4D actually sort of has the right ideas on how to play but don't see him being at the right level yet to be in consideration.
Sparegoal has been playing longer than all of us, not bad but not new and certainly has had no lack of opportunities to play with other good players, when he was more active I did even trial him when I was U21 cap but favoured rising and Lethal (rightly or wrongly)

Why shouldn't I pick the team that plays well? Team UK isn't a charity, it's meant to be a competitive team which currently has at least two players which are of exceptional quality by European standards, why should I let any old tom dick or harry (heh) just waltz in and take their place which they have merited (despite your whining, let's be realistic, reaching the semi-finals of an international compeition by historical standards marks a dramatic upturn in fortune for the UK national team, even when past iterations contained excellent players like jonnyynnoj, Joehan, stjarna and fap and Witsel who have since retired.

Once again, you have misunderstood. If only you would try to understand what I've written, it would save us both a few paragraphs.
My point is not for you to add every player to TeamUK. It is to try and improve them by getting them to play against those who have played on the big stage.

There are two forms of advice a player of greater experience can bestow upon someone relatively new.
1. Verbal advice. An example would be to tell a new player to cover the GK if he runs up.
2. Visual advice. By actually playing with them or showing them videos it is much better than the verbal advice, and I'd go as far as to say verbal advice would not be needed, as seeing them play, the rookies will no doubt try to mimic the play styles they saw unconsciously and therefore become better.

'no'
Otherwise why did I pick Bliz, Swift, Vakoj and Splash in either of my squads? Just utter nonsense really.
So you are saying I am no way near the same level as Blizaard, Swift, Splash or Vakoj?
hhhh aight, I think I'm done trying to get my point across to you man hhhhhhh
corn
corn
Administrator
Administrator

Thu Mar 17 2016, 16:39
Always thought smb was dolan tbh. Also why don't you ask them? You are vice cap of Sheeps are you not? You could teach them a thing or two and help them improve, give them the chance to play alongside better players such as yourself and B4D like you want ren to do with UK players.
The Doctor
The Doctor
Smooth Operator

Thu Mar 17 2016, 16:46
corn wrote:Always thought smb was dolan tbh. Also why don't you ask them? You are vice cap of Sheeps are you not? You could teach them a thing or two and help them improve, give them the chance to play alongside better players such as yourself and B4D like you want ren to do with UK players.
I have asked others and plan to ask these lot as well, but the reason I brought it up was for it to stand as proof to those who openly claim there are no UK talents in pub rooms to recruit without knowing anything at all.
It was also meant to show the neglect that the community has on the recruitment of new players. They almost chant the same thing all the time, "We barely have enough players for 8 teams".

Why must the "getting new players involved" process be stapled to one team? It should be an effort from the community.
corn
corn
Administrator
Administrator

Thu Mar 17 2016, 16:51
The Doctor wrote:
corn wrote:Always thought smb was dolan tbh. Also why don't you ask them? You are vice cap of Sheeps are you not? You could teach them a thing or two and help them improve, give them the chance to play alongside better players such as yourself and B4D like you want ren to do with UK players.
I have asked others and plan to ask these lot as well, but the reason I brought it up was for it to stand as proof to those who openly claim there are no UK talents in pub rooms to recruit without knowing anything at all.
It was also meant to show the neglect that the community has on the recruitment of new players. They almost chant the same thing all the time, "We barely have enough players for 8 teams".

Why must the "getting new players involved" process be stapled to one team? It should be an effort from the community.
I can't speak for the others, but I have recruited a few players and, providing they stay active, I plan to give some of them a chance. But yeah I agree, recruiting players should be a community effort.
Jai.
Energetic

Thu Mar 17 2016, 16:53
played with that smb guy and he's defo a good pub player but you cant expect ren to put him in for friendlies cus he's lightyears behind the other teams, splash was a good one, he was scoring goals in this league, put him in the team for a few friendlies and he was just slowing us down, dunno if you realise how big the gap is between this league and the higher nations

bye
Anonymous

Thu Mar 17 2016, 16:56
Why the fuck would anyone want horse in any community are u feeling alright.
Pub players will come as long as they get reassurance that its worth their time
Rénbeaudach
Rénbeaudach
Administrator
Administrator

Thu Mar 17 2016, 17:00
The Doctor wrote:
So you are saying I am no way near the same level as Blizaard, Swift, Splash or Vakoj?
hhhh aight, I think I'm done trying to get my point across to you man hhhhhhh

pretty much yeah
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum