Premier Haxball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
socrates
socrates
Smooth Operator

Matchday 8 Preview Empty Matchday 8 Preview

Sat Feb 13 2016, 13:39
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
Matchday 8 Preview Ballonfire_zpse1a43a31Hot Shots vs HK StalingradMatchday 8 Preview D3278691dcd098b38462cdc0f337c908

The first ever trade for a draft pick from Hot Shots (not sure this should even be allowed?). Personally I don't see the logic in this move as it will put them at a disadvantage already for next season. Sugar has prioritised this season and will hope that Mata can transform their team from where they are currently. This season seems to be following the pattern of past seasons for HS - they will want to buck the trend and cause teams some problems.

Serega seems a great addition to HKS - a gk with good distribution that enables his team to get forward quickly. I'm not entirely sure on the reasons for his departure from Pelicans but it seems like Mani is to blame (take him away boys) and corn will not be happy to see his signing performing so well for another team. They have good strength in depth now with Jds also performing well despite netbook issues - I am still trying to recover as he left me for dead with a wall bounce in the last game to set up the crucial opening goal Sad

I see HK Stalingrad winning 3-0 to get Serega his first clean sheet.

Matchday 8 Preview ZImVb0uPelicans vs Channel 3Matchday 8 Preview B11CjkN

A potential mismatch on paper however it has been looking better for Pelicans lately. Despite the disappointing game on stream Wednesday they did manage to pick up 2 wins this week and recover from their poor start to the season. Beating a strong Deja side is something they should be proud of and they will cement themselves as giant killers if they get anything out of this one. They've reverted to basics on the pitch and it is paying dividends.

The one black mark against C3 this season is that they seem unable to keep clean sheets! For a team of their ability its very surprising that they have conceded 11 goals in 7 games. Cacca has long struggled to keep a clean sheet in premhax and it is becoming clearer and clearer that he is just not cut out for this level. He may have a minor reputation playing in some other mickey mouse leagues but up against the big boys he can't handle the pressure.

I fancy Pelicans to get a goal but against C3 that won't be enough. C3 to win 4-1.

Matchday 8 Preview Db0f892cedSheepshaggers vs Can't ScoreMatchday 8 Preview CS

Will we see a new Sheepshaggers after the heavy loss to Deja which caused The Doctor to post a public apology for his teams performance? They have talented players but there always seems to be a background problem that doesn't enable them to perform at their highest level. This team for me has the potential to go on a winning streak and get top 4 but also fall to pieces and finish rock bottom. They beat us with ease and if they work hard I can see that happening against others too.

Can't Score and Deja looks set to be the battle for 2nd this year (although HKS could have something to say about that) and its tough to call at this stage. Can't Score seem to have picked up momentum at a important stage of the season and if they can keep this run going it will keep adding pressure on Deja - seeing your rivals on a good streak will make every game seem like a must win and can have a big impact. Can't Score just need to keep their foot on the gas and if they can keep up their standard from previous games this should be another win.

Having vowed to win every game till the end of the season I think Sheep's will fail at the first hurdle and Can't Score will win 4-1.

Matchday 8 Preview 11Soccerettes vs Deja EntendudesMatchday 8 Preview XTqJhyr

Its been a very disappointing week for us and it has been largely down to me. Conceding 8 goals in 2 games is shocking and will need to improve. After a fantastic season last time maybe we have got carried away this season. Like Pelicans have done we probably need to go back to basics and make it difficult for opponents to score against us again. We never try to play boring haxball but with my shoddy goalkeeping it might be smart for us emulate Mourinho rather than Pep.

Deja vs Socs is an old historical fixture in UK Haxball. Season 1 of FM was the first and since then the large majority have been won by Deja. I think I'm right in saying that mc smiley was the original creator of Deja before FM and losing to them hits him especially hard. Making smiley cry (again) should be the only motivation Deja need.

I'm determined to put past wrongs right for this game and ensure that Soccerettes win 1-0 so that smiley doesn't have to take any more days off work due to Donny's bullying.

If you would like to do any future previews please send us a message or post here: https://premierhax.forumotion.co.uk/t625-preview-review-team

Thanks for reading.
Sugar Ray
Sugar Ray
Superman

Matchday 8 Preview Empty Re: Matchday 8 Preview

Sat Feb 13 2016, 14:58
Message reputation : 50% (2 votes)
Soc I will bet you a draft pick HK won't beat us, let alone 3-0 us
Anonymous

Sat Feb 13 2016, 15:05
Sugar Ray wrote:Soc I will bet you a draft pick HK won't beat us, let alone 3-0 us

Sugar Ray confirmed
Matchday 8 Preview 61152283

i agree with most predicitons
SmileSmileSmile
The Doctor
The Doctor
Smooth Operator

Sat Feb 13 2016, 23:09
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Hmm 4-1 is not quite right. It will either be 2-0 to us or 6-2 to them.
Such is the life for sheeps.
mlfaijati
mlfaijati
Administrator
Administrator

Sun Feb 14 2016, 16:05
Message reputation : 0% (1 vote)
socrates wrote:looks set to be the battle for 2nd this year

lol

also why shouldn't trading draft picks be allowed? whats the point of waivers otherwise, if i can't slime HS by taking a player who wants to join them for a draft pick for my team?
socrates
socrates
Smooth Operator

Sun Feb 14 2016, 16:18
I guess I like the idea of everything being reset at season end so everyone has the same chance the following season as it gives Can't Score an advantage, not only over Hot Shots but all other teams too (unless I'm misunderstanding).

I'm not bothered personally but didn't see any rules or anything about it so didn't realise it was allowed.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum